Junior Open Water Swimming
- Hetton - coached open water sessions for juniors. Some of our young Durham Tri members joined in the fun last year. Ryton Tri Club host this - there's good water safety (kayaks), coaches are in the water with children and it's very well organised. More info will be posted here when the sessions start for the season. Last year junior sign on was 5.30 for a 6pm start, £4.
- Hartlepool Marina - juniors of any age can swim at the Trigma open water sessions (also Wednesday evenings) as long as they can competenly swim 100m and have a competent adult swimmer supporting them on a one-to-one basis. Good water safety here too and although it's a sea swim it's in an fairly enclosed area.
Bike sessions for juniors
- Durham Tri sessions - our bike sessions are on the 2nd Sunday of the month, 3.30-430pm, from 9th April. We'll also work on transition skills, running, agility and mini duathlon practice.
- Cleveland Tri Club - we have a agreement with Cleveland Tri club that allows our juniors to attend regular duathlons at Prissick track
- Durham City Velo - We have junior members who regularly go to the DCV coached sessions which are on 1st and 3rd Sundays in the month from 3.30- 4.30pm. It's delivered by British Cycling coaches. And you'll often see some of our coaches helping out there too. More info here: http://www.durhamcityvelo.cc/club-activities/youth/
We encourage all our juniors to take part in competitions - not just triathlons but swimming, running, cycling: go race and have fun! We would love to have some more junior race reports for the website so let us know how your race goes...